Page 1 : Child-Page 03
Page 2
Page 3 : Child-Page 01
Page 3 : Child-Page 02
Page 3 : Child-Page 03
Page 4 : Child-Page 01
Page 5 : Child-Page 01

Space B :

Now given the above seanario, if the Page 3 (including child pages) are moved to Space B, When an user clicking on an link pointing to Space A : Page 3 what result should be expected.

I would like if there is any way to achieve below functionality.

When clicked on link pointing to Space A : Page 3 after the move...

1) Show that the page is not available and display an link to Space B : Page 3.

or

2) Display Space B : Page 3.

1 answer

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2014

Well, if you create links to pages using the internal wiki way of doing it(as opposed to hard links to http://whatever) then moving a page should not affect anything. Any prior link will change to reflect the move as the links are not hardcoded they are generated on access.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2014

With that said, if you actually want to maintain the old Page 3 page you will have to copy it and its children instead of moving it and once that is done remove the content from the original page 3 and add a link to the new space.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2014

Did this answer the question?

John Walker July 6, 2018

I have landed on this page thinking the same question. Could you (or somebody) please point to the docs page which describes ‘the internal wiki way of doing it’. That’s a feature I did not know existed and would be great. I am trying to rename a knowledge base and, in the absence of being able to change a space key, the other option is to move pages from one space to another and hope the redirects are automatically implemented.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2018

inks made this way will not break if you move the page or change the title.

Capture.PNG

Links made this way will break if you move the page or change its title.Capture1.PNG

John Walker November 21, 2018

Thanks for the input. What about when you copy the URL of a Confluence page directly from the browser address and then paste it into another Confluence page. I notice that "magically" the link text gets converted into the page title of the linked text. Not sure if the page title updates itself when the linked-page title changes though.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2018

If you click the link in edit mode and select the Edit button and you see that you are on the Search pane as opposed to the Advanced pane then that link will not break. Typically, if you copy a Confluence URL and paste it into a page it converts it to a system managed link. In that case the URL would change from https://{your url}  to the page title. If that doesn't happen and it remains https://{your url} then it is probably an Advanced link.

John Walker November 22, 2018

Hi Thanks Davin. 

I have just checked. The pasted URL is in the Search pane. So, that is great. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events