Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Page properties report not returning column data Edited

I am using the page properties and page properties report macro but it is not returning data as expected. I have done the same thing previously on Confluence Server and it worked fine.

I have several pages with a table inside the page properties macro. They have a label assigned. 

1.PNG

(there is plain text data in the lower rows, e.g. Approved scope, in case that isn't clear!)

My parent page has the page properties report macro where it does return the title of the page successfully, but nothing else - despite the column names (that I want to show) matching. 

2.PNG

4.PNG

The result is the same in the published page as well:

3.PNG

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

6 answers

1 vote
Chris Buzon Community Leader May 13, 2021

Hey @Alex K - I'm seeing this exact behavior on my company's production instance as well.  I'm one of the Community leaders, so if you would like I can probably set something up on the community AC sandbox instance to check out, if you'd like

It appears that macros are usually causing the problem, it's like a nasty off-by-one error, combined with a macro causing the subsequent cells to either not render, or rending as titles, or cause the report to generate-and-refresh-and-regenerate forever.

If you make a table with the properties macro and only use plain text - it works for 3 key/value pairs, but more than that don't seem to render.  If you swap to horizontal tables, you get strange behavior with the headers/titles.

Thanks, Chris. 

It works so well in Server though, so I'm surprised the same thing is so buggy in Cloud. 

Like Chris Buzon likes this
0 votes
Alex K Atlassian Team May 06, 2021

Hi @Tom Urwin ,

What happens if you remove all text from the "Columns to show" macro parameter? 

Could you also provide the exact "Columns to show" text as well as the column names in the table? With that I will try to reproduce the issue and hopefully find the root cause. 

Regards,
Alex K (Developer at Atlassian)

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply. With the columns to show empty, I see the wrong things in the wrong places:

table1.PNG

The table names are:

table2.PNG

Thanks

@Tom Urwin I have seen similar strange and frustrating behavior in both data center and Cloud. It seems the Page Properties Report macro really doesn't like it when there's anything other than plain text in the table cells. :-( 

This is frustrating one of our teams; they are putting the Status macro in a field like you are. I have also seen the behavior when the column names (such as Service status in your example) are hyperlinked to other pages.

What's even more frustrating is that sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, and I haven't been able to find what the difference is when the report simply won't show what's in the table cell.

OK thanks... Hopefully it can be fixed at some point. 

Like Michelle Rau likes this

Hi all, I'd like to confirm that even after changing the table rows to plain text, I still see no results  in my page properties report.

Can anyone confirm/replicate that?

Thanks 

Any thoughts on my last comment please, anyone?

Chris Buzon Community Leader May 27, 2021

I am seeing the same thing sometimes.  It is not consistent behavior - I can get plain text to work, but if there are any widgets or hyperlinks in any of the cells, then I lose most of the data and almost nothing renders.

I've recreated the page properties macro and now I can get some data, even macros e.g. statuses, but now they are appearing in the wrong columns. Strangely plain text data is not appearing at all.

Is there now way to contact support/product engineers to get this bug rectified?

Thanks

Chris Buzon Community Leader Jun 03, 2021

Doubtful - They're aware - there is an Atlassian Engineer in this thread further up (Alex K) - there are additional threads on this issue too.

It's just a thing that will have to go through their normal product cycle. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Miss the Confluence demos at Team 21? Watch them here!

Phew, Atlassian Team 2021 blew by. With dozens of demos and a handful of keynotes, you may have missed some of the awesome Confluence Cloud sessions. Don't' worry, you can watch them all here or on Y...

307 views 2 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you