Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page permissions - not restrictions.

cedrhoch cedrhoch August 16, 2011

Hi,

I would like to use the reverse functionality of the restricted page.

Let me explain:

As an administrator, I have to manage 15 groups which I granted the right to upload documents for space.

I need to distribute these groups' permissions across a complex pagetree.

In this case, the Pages Restriction feature is not useful because of the number of pages and groups.

A topic talks about the Remote Api plugin... But I do not know this plugin.

I use Confluence 3.4.8.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Cedric Hoch

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2011

Similar to Leo answer, you can use Confluence Command Line Interface to addPermissions for either spaces or pages. If the pages are in a hierarchy and you are talking about edit permissions, you can use the --descendents flag to make it easier (view permission is automatically works on a hierarchy.

However, your question is somewhat confusing. Uploading attachments is a space permission. Page permissions deal with view and edit permissions to a page.

1 vote
cedrhoch cedrhoch August 17, 2011

Thanks for your answers,

I know that Uploading attachment is a space permission, but I have many groups which have the same global and space permission. I would like to enable the space permission of each group just for some specific pages...

I'm going to do it with the command line Interface. Thank you for the link Bob.

This feature is very practical !! I've done a test with this command line:

confluence --action addPermissions --space SpaceKey --title "My Page" --permissions edit --group my_Group --descendents

7 descendent pages had Edit permission added.
[Edit] permissions where added to page: 'My Page' in space: 'SpaceKey' for: 'my_Group'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, some descendents (2) have not got the edit permission. I don't understand why !!!

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2011

Run the command with the -v option. If that doesn't help, open an issue here - https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JCLI.

I had this issue with a local installation. I've installed the Confluence CLI pack on my production site. And the --descendents parameter works.

Thanks for your help and Congratulations for your work !

1 vote
Leo B August 17, 2011

Using the remote API of Confluence you will be able to create a script or a program to add users and set the permissions of each one.

You can enable this feature on the "General Configuration" of Confluence.

Hope this help.

Cheers.

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2011

Cedric, you can just paste the link plain, if you want. It will render as a link. To paste a link with an alias, type something first, highlight it, then click the link icon.

0 votes
cedrhoch cedrhoch August 16, 2011

I found it in the old forum with "add Permission to page using Remote API"
I'm sorry, I can't add link...

0 votes
Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2011

what topic?

0 votes
Richard Yale
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2011

Hi Cedric. We are looking at doing the same exact things and I've been looking at the actual permissions code in confluence itself. I think Atlassian has stood by their "restrictive" not "permissive" policy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events