Page owner change without database manipulation

Jeff Kempson November 4, 2016

I am working on setting up a new Wiki using confluence. It is a very powerful and easy to use program. However while making my page tree I have become the owner of everything. I am looking to assign the responsibility to the smart people who can actually populate the info.

I have read the page about database manipulation, but I don't have the knowledge or experience to do that, so I'm looking for another way to do this. It should be very simple and a extremely easy feature to implement, 

Is there a current plan to have it available on the next version. Or is there another way to do this? 

Thanks

Jeff

2 answers

0 votes
Jeff Kempson November 7, 2016

For this section of the implementation I am using it more of a knowledge sharing utility, and don't want too many people to have editing accessibility.  Much of this data is standard processes etc. I want to lock it down just to the owner who received all the comments etc. 

I do know I can turn on and off watching, but if there is a comment improvement or question about the process i would like a e-mail send to the page owner and not allow them turn off this feature. This gives them the responsibility to improve the page and maintain the data 

Thanks for he help 

jeff

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2016

It depends on what you mean by "page owner"

Confluence is a collaboration tool where Users are granted certain access Permissions which define what they can do in each Space .. possibly different Permissions in different Spaces.

Generally speaking they would therefore all be co-authors creating/editing content depending on their individual Space Permissions.

But assuming you have say 100 people who can access a Space in whatever Permission allocations, you can restrict who sees a page by using Restrictions settings for View Page so you might want say only 10 people and/or whoever happens to hold certain Permissions groups to see the page.  Any child page automatically inherits the same View Restrictions

Independently you can assign Restrictions for who can Edit the page ... noting to Edit they must be able to see the page. This is not inherited by the Child pages so you have to do it page-by-page but clearly adding a Child page is an Edit function.  So you could have a page with no View Restriction but only a select few people can Edit ... those people would be considered the "page owners"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events