An existing page is displayed as not found and below the error page lists similar pages in the same space. However, the link points to the same page. The page excerpt is correct.
The page was moved some days ago and was working after that. I tried to restart Confluence but this didn't improve anything.
The error log (atlassian-confluence.log) is empty.
How can I get access to the page again?
I tried now to delete the index according to:
But this did not make any difference.
I have important content on these pages. A full space export to XML contained all data and an import in XWiki was showing all pages and their content and revisions.
@Christoph Bratschi If the logs are empty that is a problem right there. Any application working properly should have the logs
Also in Confluence go to your Avatar -> Drafts see if you can see your pages there
Are you the admin? If yes what was the most recent change made in the instance it could be the one behind this problem.
I run two Confluence server instances which are regurlarly updated since 2012. The first time this issue happened was at the beginning of this year. On January 17th I upgraded from Confluence 7.5 to 7.10.1. So it could be possible this is related to this upgrade.
Since February 7th Confluence 7.11 is running and did not improve anything.
I monitored the log file and opened all failing pages but the log file was not updated in those cases.
1) private instance
One page was failing but later on worked again. This page was last updated in 2013.
2) company instance
Pages of two spaces are affected.
4 pages are affected in the first space. One got broken after a save operation. All four pages are fine in the HTML export.
3 pages are affected in the second space. One page failed once but works now again. However, this page is completely missing in the HTML export. The other two failing pages are correct in the HTML export of the space.
This means either content is missing in the HTML export or pages are not accessible anymore.
I tried to rebuild indices but this did not change anything.
I hope one of the developers can shed some light on this issue.
I performed some more tests and collected all pageIds from either Confluence or the HTML export.
Now if I open the pages through either:
All displayed data is correct and the full content is visible again. Therefore I think there is an issue with the /display/space/title URLs which are failing in these few cases.
I hope this helps you to further analyze my issue and provide a solution.
Two weeks ago I upgraded PostgreSQL on this Confluence instance from 9.6 to 11. After that the broken pages where running again but today I checked all those links again and they are broken as before.
Sometimes saving the page again fixes it but problems arise later again.
I still have the same issue with all Confluence versions I upgraded to. 7.18.1 was installed yesterday and had the exactly same issue.
The pages exist by ID but somehow are not correctly linked or the lookup by name fails.
Would be happy to help debugging this issue but Atlassian did not provide any updates.
I will try it tonight to see if it helps. Regular Confluence reindex and rebuild of the Ancestors Table did not help.
Calling all collaborators! Appy Hours on the Atlassian Community is a monthly event where 4 Partner and app vendor presenters go head-to-head with 5-minute demos for the title of Best App Demo. I...