Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page location with API

François June 2, 2013

Hi, is it possible to get this screen to choose the page location with Confluence API?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 4, 2013

You need to look in the Confluence source code. If you haven't got it, spend 10 bucks to get a starter license.

The file you're looking for is page-move-dialog.js It has all you need to get going.

Here's where the business is to trigger it:

$("#action-move-page-dialog-link").click(function (e) {
        e.preventDefault();

if ($("#move-page-dialog").length > 0) {
            $("#move-page-dialog, body > .shadow, body > .aui-blanket").remove();
        }

new Confluence.MovePageDialog({
            moveHandler: viewPageMoveHandler
        });

return false;
    });

Swap out the link click to be however you're triggering the screen.

Stefan Mueller November 1, 2019

can I use this in the HTML Macro?

2 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 2, 2013

Are you trying to do this remotely using web services or from within a plugin?

Remotely:

I normally take a look at the Confluence CLI in Atlassian CLI. If it's possible there, then, there's likely a SOAP API available.

To move a page under a new parent using Confluence CLI...

confluence --action movePage --space "zconfluencecli" --title "This Page Title" --parent "New Parent Page Title"

More CLI examples here

So, it's entirely possible using the Confluence remote APIs.

For more details check the movePage method on https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Remote+Confluence+Methods#RemoteConfluenceMethods-Pages

• void movePage(String token, String sourcePageId, String targetPageId, String position)- moves a page's position in the hierarchy.
    • sourcePageId - the id of the page to be moved.
    • targetPageId - the id of the page that is relative to the sourcePageId page being moved.
    • position - "above", "below", or "append". (Note that the terms 'above' and 'below' refer to the relative vertical position of the pages in the page tree.)

As a standard plugin:

Try something like this...

Page page = pageManager.getPage(spaceKey, pageTitle);
Page newParent = pageManager.getPage(parentSpaceKey, parentPageTitle);
page.setParentPage(newParent);

François June 2, 2013

Hi thanks for your answer, it's with a plugin but i now how to set a parent with the API, i just want to know if it's possible to get this screen in my plugin to let users choose a space and parent like we can do in confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events