Page insights and analytics

Sunil Sanganbatte
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 23, 2024

Hello,

We are on a standard plan but we can't access "Page insights and analytics".
I do see option to "Try it free" (see screen shot below) but when I click, it takes me to upgrade to premium page.

What is the problem here? Do I need to enable this somewhere, if so where?

Second Questions - Once enabled, can I limit this to site admins only or allow only selected users?

- Best

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 10.11.58 am.png

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 10.04.32 am.png

3 answers

0 votes
Laura Campbell [Seibert Media]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2024

Hi @Sunil Sanganbatte and welcome to Community!

As the others mentioned, you need to either upgrade your entire instance to a Premium plan, or use an app.

Confluence Premium includes a number of features, as well as added cost, so you will need to evaluate if that makes sense, or if adding an app meets your needs better.

As for limiting functionality to certain users, you can't do that with Confluence Premium. For apps, each one will offer different ways of allowing use: some allow you to limit access or require certain permissions, others not. Regardless, don't forget that choosing an app or upgrading to Confluence Premium will be billed based on the total number of users on your instance. It's not possible to say 'only 5 people will use this feature/app' and only pay for 5 licenses if you have 100 on your instance.

0 votes
Mattia _bitvoodoo ag_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2024

Hello @Sunil Sanganbatte

Welcome to the community.

If you want to stay on your standard subscription, there is an alternative: third-party analytics apps are available in the marketplace for free or standard subscription plans.

Kind regards,

Mattia

Edit: sorry, I forgot about your second question. Yes, you can limit the access to analytics as described here.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2024

Confluence Analytics is a Premium feature! I think you can try it free, but it requires you to upgrade to Premium first.

---

As an alternative, try if the dashboards in the Better Content Archiving and Analytics app meet your expecations.

These display a large range of gadgets, for example analytics per content item:

confluence-content-analytics.png

Or engagement on your site:

confluence-engagement.png

(Discl. it is a paid and supported app developed by our team. Free for 10 users!)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events