Page editor tool tips do not display

Craig Duffy March 27, 2024

When editing a confluence page, the page editor tools across the top of the page do not have tool tips that explain what each tool tip does. Is there a setting to turn those on? I dont see any documentation for that.

thanks!

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 2.05.34 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2024

@Craig Duffy I am not aware of any way to turn those off.  Is this happening in all browsers?  Have you tried clearing your cache?  

Craig Duffy April 2, 2024

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. 

I am experiencing this issue in multiple browsers, with cache cleared

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2024

@Craig Duffy what browser are you using and what version of Confluence are you on?

Craig Duffy April 3, 2024

Im using Chrome and Safari (error is showing in both browsers), and using Data Center Confluence 8.5.7

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2024

@Craig Duffy I have 8.5.7 as well and it does loads the tool tips.  If you use the Chrome browser and use the developer tools (F12).  Are there any errors when the page loads?  

Hi, here is what Im seeing

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 2.54.49 PM.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2024

@Craig Duffy any errors when in the network section?

Im not seeing any:

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 3.15.46 PM.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2024

@Craig Duffy are others having the same issue?

Yes, it seems to be for all users

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2024

@Craig Duffy I think that there might be an issue with the JavaScript on your instance.  I was looking into how the tooltips work and when you hover over any of the items the JavaScript add the following to the DOM: <div class="tipsy aui-tooltip tipsy-n" role="tooltip" style="top: 108px; left: 798.35px; visibility: visible; display: block; opacity: 1;" id="tipsyuid21"><div class="tipsy-arrow tipsy-arrow-n"></div><div class="tipsy-inner">Delete table</div></div>

If this is not being loaded then the tooltip will not be displayed.  It looks like this is loaded right above the </body>   I would suggest inspecting the page and seeing if the code above loads on hover over.  

If it does not load then the JavaScript is messed up.  If it is loading then you have an issue with the CSS.  

Let me know if you see it loading or not.

Craig Duffy April 5, 2024

I see this:

<a href="" title="" id="content-metadata-jira" class="aui-button aui-button-subtle content-metadata-jira tipsy-disabled hidden" resolved=""><span>Jira links</span></a>

Does that help? If Im reading this right, its been disabled and hidden

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2024

@Craig Duffy that is what I see on Jira Links.  Can you share what you see on the editor buttons?

Craig Duffy April 9, 2024

Hi, I think this might be what you are looking for? It seems like the text is there, but on rollover its not displaying.

Let me know if I need to look somewhere else.

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 10.15.34 AM.png

Craig Duffy April 16, 2024

Hi Brant, I didnt see a reply to my most recent post?

thanks

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2024

@Craig Duffy sorry missed it.  Can you you inspect the page and on hovering over the bold you should see a tooltip html added to the bottom of the code so you will need to scroll down to that prior to hovering over the editor.    When you hover over the editor you should see the code highlighted in yellow appear.  Are you seeing that?

Capture22.PNG

Craig Duffy April 17, 2024

Hi Brant 

I think you are looking for this

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 4.34.24 PM.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2024

@Craig Duffy if that is a screenshot of when you hover over the icon and nothing is there I would assume it is a JavaScript issue.  I would recommend starting your instance in safe mode.  This will disable all of the apps https://confluence.atlassian.com/upm/disabling-and-enabling-apps-273875716.html   I am wondering if you have an app that is causing the issue.  If could also be something that occurred on an update.  If it works in safemode then it is an app if not then you might want to try upgrading to a newer version and see if that fixes the issue.  You could also open an support issue with Atlassian and create a support file.  They will be able to look through it and see if there is a fix that they could provide.

Craig Duffy April 18, 2024

Hi Brant-

I went into incognito, and didnt see any JS errors. I will open a ticket with Atlassian. thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events