Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page content modify restriction

Hsu Yao Chang July 26, 2015

Dear sir, 

Would it be possible to make a restriction while somebody has modified some page, other account can not modify the same page content at the same time ? 

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2015

An addon but will do what you ask..

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.arsenale.plugins.lockpoint

Comala will work but only if they are assigned to Blueprints not Templates because if you have edit rights templates can be fudged, where as Blueprints cannot be fudged unless you an admin of the system.

JenniferC July 26, 2015

I think Lockpoint is only for securing attachments from edits?

Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2015

Correct I was obviously half asleep :-)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2015

Not natively, although there are some plugins that can do it (Comala workflows and Scroll versions are the two I've used that do it, there may be more).  Confluence will try to merge changes if two people edit at the same time.

And in version 6, it becomes redundant because you will be able to see the other editors and collaborate with them directly.

Without plugins, the best you can do is open a page for edit, stick "only me" on the "who can edit" restriction, and then remove it when you're finished.

Hsu Yao Chang July 27, 2015

Dear Nic Brough, Do you mean the setting https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxriXuT0xeaFU1Q5MDdZV3RjcmM/view?usp=sharing Our confluence is version 4.2.13. Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2015

Yes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events