Page analytics for first click or paths?

Lucinda Stroud March 24, 2021

Howdy,

Is anyone aware of a plugin that will track analytics beyond page views, similar to what Google Analytics provides to other websites?

Scenario: We have a Confluence-based intranet restricted to the staff of our nonprofit.  We're interested in seeing what people click on first when they land on the homepage, as well as frequent paths they take through clicks in navigating content.

I'm aware that Confluence Cloud has some built-in analytics, but this is specifically for Confluence Server.

I've found 3rd party tools like Page View or Analytics for Confluence helpful up to a point, but they don't provide information on first-click attribution or navigation paths.

2 answers

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 25, 2021

As you're on Confluence Server, you should be able to install some thing similar to CrazyEgg which will give you heat maps and more for what's engaging on your pages.

If you want Google Analytics, take a look on the marketplace:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=google%20analytics%20reports

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Hi @Lucinda Stroud 

Why not applying then Google Analytics to Confluence if you are looking for things that there are available and you search for? It is relatively easy to add :)

Lucinda Stroud March 25, 2021

Hi @Mirek , that's certainly something we are considering, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a tool that offered these analytics as well as the more standard Confluence analytics per user/page/space.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2021

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events