Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Restrictions - individual user restrictions

Nuno André Silva December 26, 2022

Hello,

We are using Confluence version (Atlassian Confluence 7.13.5).

We are trying to set space permissions and page restrictions in a way that we avoid using individual user access to the pages, or in other words we want to set all the permissions and restrictions based on groups.

The question is:
- when I try to edit the page restrictions, of a certain page, my user gets added to the page restrictions individually and the same happens whenever other user edits the page, even though the user had already edit capabilities since he belongs to a group with edit permissions.

Is there a way to avoid the user that is editing the page, to be added individually to the page restrictions?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2022

No. Confluence adds the current user to page restrictions by default so that a page doesn't end up with no one being able to edit or view it.

However, it really doesn't matter. If you're the one editing the page restrictions, you probably ought to have access to the page. You might be in a group, too. You'll still get access to the page either way.

If users who are editing the page itself are getting added to the page restrictions as individual users, that's not right. They must have edited the page restrictions in order for that to happen.

Nuno André Silva December 28, 2022

Thanks for your answer.
I understand what you are telling me, and the truth is that, only when editing the page restrictions, the user gets added to the page restrictions with permissions to edit the page.
When we only edit the page, the page restrictions are not changed.
Anyhow, this behavior, in our opinion, does not seem to be the correct one, since we are trying to keep everything configured at a group level (trying to avoid individual restrictions) and as stated, even if the user belongs to a group already with permissions to edit the page, it is being added individually to the page restrictions...

WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2022

Yeah, you'd have to complain to Atlassian about this.

Like Nuno André Silva likes this
Nuno André Silva December 28, 2022

Thanks for you feedback!

Like WW likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events