It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Page Properties macro growing taller after adding values to table

We use Page Properties macros extensively in our project pages to capture details, but we've noticed a UX problem that's frustrating some of my peers. When someone is @ tagged into a cell, or a status macro is added, or even just content is copy/pasted in, the Page Properties macro seems to grow taller, like an extra carriage return is being added beneath the table. This throws off the layout of the page, adding big gaps in the content.

It looks like this is more likely to happen if it's in a fixed width table than a responsive table, but I can't say for certain whether this is truly a criteria for the bug or not. I've had to resort to some CSS overrides to clear out extra paragraph tags from rendering, which is not ideal. Also, I should note that I'm only a space admin, I don't have any higher admin permissions.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any recommendations to get around this, or is it a known issue that I'm stuck with??

1 answer

0 votes

Hi,

I'm not sure this purely related to a Page Properties macro, but happens on other occasions, too. I like your solution by removing the extra space using CSS.

Search Atlassian bug tracing shows not matching result:

https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/?jql=text%20~%20%22confluence%20extra%20whitespace%22%20AND%20project%20%20%3D%20%22Confluence%20Server%22%20

You might want to open a support call with Atlassian.

Best

JP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

5,345 views 4 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you