Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Properties macro growing taller after adding values to table

Brian Pitts February 28, 2020

We use Page Properties macros extensively in our project pages to capture details, but we've noticed a UX problem that's frustrating some of my peers. When someone is @ tagged into a cell, or a status macro is added, or even just content is copy/pasted in, the Page Properties macro seems to grow taller, like an extra carriage return is being added beneath the table. This throws off the layout of the page, adding big gaps in the content.

It looks like this is more likely to happen if it's in a fixed width table than a responsive table, but I can't say for certain whether this is truly a criteria for the bug or not. I've had to resort to some CSS overrides to clear out extra paragraph tags from rendering, which is not ideal. Also, I should note that I'm only a space admin, I don't have any higher admin permissions.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any recommendations to get around this, or is it a known issue that I'm stuck with??

1 answer

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2020

Hi,

I'm not sure this purely related to a Page Properties macro, but happens on other occasions, too. I like your solution by removing the extra space using CSS.

Search Atlassian bug tracing shows not matching result:

https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/?jql=text%20~%20%22confluence%20extra%20whitespace%22%20AND%20project%20%20%3D%20%22Confluence%20Server%22%20

You might want to open a support call with Atlassian.

Best

JP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events