Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Properties Report macro - no content found?!

Gamze December 2, 2019

Hello,

I've created a page with the Page Properties, included a table as a test:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-02 um 13.22.48.png

Created another page with the Page Properties report macro, which is showing up empty.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-02 um 13.23.31.png

I made sure to put the label "research" on the page with my properties.

I am using Confluence Cloud.

What am I doing wrong?

2 answers

1 accepted

20 votes
Answer accepted
Gamze December 3, 2019

Hey Mike, it works now! Thank you so much! :)

Gamze

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2019

Awesome, I am glad it is working now! 

- Mike

Gamze December 3, 2019

Do you maybe know how to order the pages in the table by date? :)

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2019

You would only want to sort the List by Date or Name or what ever columns you are showing. 

Edit the Page Properties Report Macro and Sort by Date 

Sort by Date.png

If you want Date in Reversed Sort, check the box:

Sort by date (reversed).png

You are not restricted to just date, any column you are displaying can be sorted (e.g. Sort by Name

Sort by Name.png

Sort by Name in reverse:

Sort by Name (reversed).png

- Mike

Gamze December 3, 2019

Hey Mike,

amazing, thank you! Everything works perfectly.

Like Mike Bowen likes this
2 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2019

Hi @Gamze 

Are you using the old or new editor? 

Kind regards,

- Mike

Gamze December 2, 2019

Hi Mike, thanks for responding. I tested this with the new editor, and if this function works, I will be linking old pages created with the old editor.

Best,

Gamze

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2019

Hi @Gamze 

Okay I also tested it where the report page using new editor and the old pages were using the old editor and page properties macro. This worked fine.

Each old page with page properties macro must have the same label. 

This is what the page looks like:

1. Label (whatever you like),
  2. Page Properties Macro, 
  3. Table with a Heading Column inside the Page Properties Macro. A page properties page - old editor.png

The label is key though, because it is added on the Page Properties Report and pulls in all the content. I didn't use headings, it pulled those automatically. 

Page Properties Report with label.png

There is one caveat, which I see exists on the new editor, but not on the old editor, and that is Fixed vs Responsive. (perhaps I missed seeing it in the new editor), but when using the old editor for the report page, I can set my columns to fixed and adjust the columns how I want them. I was not able to do this with the new editor, and as a result some of the columns are not right. 

Here is an example of what I mean:

Columns messed up.png

- Mike

Like fernanda_lopez likes this
Gamze December 3, 2019

Hello Mike,

thank you so much for the detailed explanation.

I just tried to do what you explained, however I am not sure what you mean with a heading column.

- Just a heading format within the column? Tried it, doesn't work.

- Yours looks like a heading macro within the page properties macro, if I try inserting another page properties macro, it appears underneath my initial page properties macro.

How do you do this? The only thing which looks different on my page is the table content, or the column headings how you call it.

Thanks a lot!

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2019

Hi @Gamze 

The Heading Column is the greyed area on your table. There are two types of headings, Heading Row (horizontal) and Heading Column (vertical). That is why one sees two icons on the table toolbar. 

I created a short video showing exactly what I did. BTW I am using old editor for all test pages. 

How to add a page properties macro and page properties report macro in a Confluence page. 

- Mike

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events