My thought was if you're able to provide us with a specific error message in Confluence, I can use that to track down an issue in our bug tracker.
However, in your last message you mentioned the limit is 500, which was able to bring me to this issue:
Could you look at the Actual Results section on that bug and let me know if that's the same behavior you're encountering?
Your example says that it simply doesn't load, and tracked down the behavior to a specific browser, but the bug above doesn't limit it to a browser and says that only a certain number of tabs will load.
If it's not the same, please let me know the error message that your admin is able to find so I can use it to search our known bugs.
Shannon, do you experience the same when you display a page properties with an image in the page properties report - not loaded in IE, 2 loads in Chrome? As mentioned, it is should be enough to create one page.
I also noticed that the same behavior takes place with a macro, at least, a custom one. Can you please check that on your side as well?
With regards to the 500 limit, yep it is the same.
The same bug does not apply to any issues you encounter when including an image in Page Properties report.
With all you're mentioning, it seems that it may be something specific to your instance. I haven't received reports of any other users having trouble loading single lines, images, or custom macros (of course this depends on the macro).
What will help in all of these cases is to see the logs that Confluence is generating to know exactly what the problem is. There may be different errors internally for each case. Were your admins able to find the error logs when the issue occurs?
Shannon, thanks, I will get in touch with our admin next week.
UPDATE: just reported the issue to our IT support.
In the meantime, can you please double check the following:
- I do remember that came across this issue and a workaround implemented was page reload with the serverrender suffix:
In that particular comment, the user is commenting how to replicate the error, and he noticed that an additional &pagepropertiesreport.serverrender was added to the URL. This is unfortunately not a workaround that you were hoping for.
He does mention this bug, which sounds like it could be the same thing you've run into:
This bug mentions also the &pagepropertiesreport.serverrender being automatically added to the URL, so if that's what you're seeing, I've say we found the bug affecting you.
At this time there is no workaround, except for the discovery by Thomas that the issue no longer occurs in Confluence 6.7 EAP (Early Release). I wouldn't recommend upgrading your production instance to this yet, but you're welcome to try the upgrade on your staging instance to see if it does indeed fix the problem for you.
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs