Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Properties Report is not loaded when a certain volume of information with images in IE

Dmitry Ree December 10, 2017
  • it is working in Chrome however still takes a while and the page is loaded two times in a row
  • it is working in IE when you have a few items to display and the page is not loaded in IE in case of hundred items with a single image

11-12-17 12-12-02.png

2 answers

0 votes
Dmitry Ree January 29, 2018
https://jira.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/CONFSERVER-40499

Comment on Aug 02, 2017 6:23am about serverrender 
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2018

Dmitry, 

In that particular comment, the user is commenting how to replicate the error, and he noticed that an additional &pagepropertiesreport.serverrender was added to the URL. This is unfortunately not a workaround that you were hoping for.

He does mention this bug, which sounds like it could be the same thing you've run into:

This bug mentions also the &pagepropertiesreport.serverrender being automatically added to the URL, so if that's what you're seeing, I've say we found the bug affecting you.

At this time there is no workaround, except for the discovery by Thomas that the issue no longer occurs in Confluence 6.7 EAP (Early Release). I wouldn't recommend upgrading your production instance to this yet, but you're welcome to try the upgrade on your staging instance to see if it does indeed fix the problem for you.

Regards,
Shannon

Dmitry Ree July 12, 2018
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2018

Thank you, Dmitry, for pointing it out!

I was able to get in touch with a Confluence product manager and he's responded on the thread at this time.

Please feel free to reply there if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 11, 2017

Dmitry,

What version of IE and Confluence are you running? Do you experience any error messages in your Confluence Server Application Logs or in your browser's Developer Tools? 

Regards,

Shannon

Dmitry Ree December 18, 2017

IE 11, confluence server 6.2.3benefits wiki load2.PNGbenefits wiki load.PNG

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 19, 2017

Thank you, Dmitry!

What were you able to find in the Server logs? This will be the most useful information for us.

Also what is the certain volume of information? At what point does it break?

Regards,

Shannon

Dmitry Ree January 6, 2018

I will ask our admin to check the logs. Just checked one more time and it appears that the issue occurs even with a single line. Have you checked this on your side?

Also I noticed that the report has the 500 item limit even with pagination - is it the case?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2018

Hi Dmitry,

My thought was if you're able to provide us with a specific error message in Confluence, I can use that to track down an issue in our bug tracker.

However, in your last message you mentioned the limit is 500, which was able to bring me to this issue:

Could you look at the Actual Results section on that bug and let me know if that's the same behavior you're encountering?

Your example says that it simply doesn't load, and tracked down the behavior to a specific browser, but the bug above doesn't limit it to a browser and says that only a certain number of tabs will load.

If it's not the same, please let me know the error message that your admin is able to find so I can use it to search our known bugs.

Regards,

Shannon

Dmitry Ree January 24, 2018

Shannon, do you experience the same when you display a page properties with an image in the page properties report - not loaded in IE, 2 loads in Chrome? As mentioned, it is should be enough to create one page.

I also noticed that the same behavior takes place with a macro, at least, a custom one. Can you please check that on your side as well?

With regards to the 500 limit, yep it is the same.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 25, 2018

Dmitry,

The same bug does not apply to any issues you encounter when including an image in Page Properties report.

With all you're mentioning, it seems that it may be something specific to your instance. I haven't received reports of any other users having trouble loading single lines, images, or custom macros (of course this depends on the macro). 

What will help in all of these cases is to see the logs that Confluence is generating to know exactly what the problem is. There may be different errors internally for each case. Were your admins able to find the error logs when the issue occurs? 

Regards,

Shannon

Dmitry Ree January 26, 2018

Shannon, thanks, I will get in touch with our admin next week.

UPDATE: just reported the issue to our IT support.

In the meantime, can you please double check the following:

- I do remember that came across this issue and a workaround implemented was page reload with the serverrender suffix:

page properties report issue.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 29, 2018

I'm not familiar with the workaround you mentioned and I wasn't able to find it in any of our documentation or past bugs. 

Is there a specific thing you wanted me to check with that workaround? 

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events