Page Properties Report Macro Options cannot be edited

Abbie Cataldo August 27, 2021

When creating a page properties report based on "mentioning user," once the macro is saved it can not be edited at all. The users mentioned do not show up in the edit dialog when it is reopened, even though the filter is working.  If the report needs to be edited (add a mention, add another filter), the save button is completely disabled. 

Screenshot shows a report that is working to filter user mentions, but does not allow me to see users in the filter, add users or save other changes to the report. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 12.08.42 PM.png

2 answers

2 votes
Jeremy Cowgar June 7, 2022

This is happening to me as well, on the Atlassian hosted site for my company. Any solution?

Jeremy Cowgar June 7, 2022

For me, I just found the solution. When inserting the Page Properties Report, it will insert and function just fine with no additional properties. However, when editing, the Label field is required. Once you fill in a Label, the save button is enabled.

To me, this is undesired behavior. I have multiple Page Property Reports that simply include pages that have a common parent. That may be the way I use this the most. However, since Label is required, I have to enter a label, then go to all of my pages under the parent and ensure they have the label :-/

Like # people like this
0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2022

@Abbie Cataldo welcome to the Atlassian community 

What version of server are you on?  What browser are you using?

Abbie Cataldo January 24, 2022
  • 7.13.2 as far as I can tell. 
  • Using Chrome
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

I am on the same version and using Chrome and not able to recreate the issue.  Does it do this on all pages with the page property report?  If you remove and add the macro again, save the page and then edit it does it happen again on this page?  I am wondering if the macro was corrupted and if this is a one-time error or if you can recreate it every time?

We have seen it in all reports we have used. I just tried to replicate in a new space to see if it was the page, and the error persisted. the user names are deleted and if you try to make changes to the report, the save option is not available. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

What are you seeing in the logs?  Is there an error when you try to open the macro?  Is this issue persistent across all browsers?

Not sure how to check the logs on this. I tested it in Firefox and found the same issue. By the way, it doesn't happen on FIRST edit after adding the "mentioning users" filter. It happens on Subsequent edits. it's super weird. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

@Abbie Cataldo I would recommend taking a look at the server Jira logs and seeing if anything shows up at the same time the issue is happening.  You will need access to the server or if you are a Jira admin you can download the support zip to see if anything is showing up in the logs.

I am assuming that this has not been an issue in the past.  Do you remember when it started happening?  Was there a new app installed or any other change made?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events