Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Properties Report - How to select to display a column title on 2 lines (carriage return) ?

Cédric Templie May 5, 2023

Hello,

I am using the combination of Page Properties and Page Properties Report.

In my Page Properties table, one of the column title is on 2 lines.

I cannot find a way to only select this column in the "Column To Display" option of the Page Properties Report.
I think it is needed to provide the formatting (the carriage return in fact) so that the macro can catch the right column. But how ?

Thank you very much in advance for you help.

Regards

Cédric

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2023

Hi @Cédric Templie ,

This should work if you use a hard carriage return (Shift+Enter) instead of a regular carriage return (Enter) in your column titles.

Note this will reduce the space between your two lines in the table cell. Will be still visible as two lines though.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Nicolai

Cédric Templie May 5, 2023

Hi @Nicolai Sibler ,

Thx for the proposal.

I tried but still cannot successfully "select" the column for display in the Page Properties Report.

What should be the format ?

Let's assume I have the following in Page Properties.
ColumnX Line1 (Shift + Enter)
ColumnX Line2

How this should be in the Page Properties Report, in "Column to Display" field ?
Should I add a special character somewhere ? like \n or <br> (so far I tried both but not working)

ColumnX Line1\nColumnX Line2

As a side note, If "Column to Display" is empty, all columns are well displayed, even if there are several lines in the title, whenever I used Enter or Shift+Enter by the way.

My problem is really to select that single column that has multiple lines...

Thx again

Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2023

You'd treat the column title as if it was in one line.

I left a whitespace before the line break in the Page Properties Macro:

grafik.png

Next I selected the title as if it was in one line (because technically it is).

grafik.png

Without the whitespace (Shift + Enter directly after the w), I would have to select "newline".

Like Cédric Templie likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events