Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Properties Report Does not Update Properly

Jessica Weissman July 19, 2017

I am trying to use a pair of separate Page Properties reports on a single page to report on completed and in progress items.

I tried using different page labels, but the results were that if a given page started with a given label, it was reported on forever as if it had that label.  Removing the original label and substituting a new label had no effect.  The page data still showed up in the report for its original label.

So I tried using an ID instead.  Same result.  Once a page had a given ID, it was reported on for the original ID, not the new ID.

Is this a known bug?  Does the ghost of a page label remain with the page forever?

3 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2017

Did they reindex in the UI from this guide: Content Index Administration or rebuild the content indexes from scratch as described in How to Rebuild the Content Indexes From Scratch on Confluence Server.?

If they reindexed in the UI and it only helped temporarily then maybe reindexing from scratch would permanently eliminate the issue.

Jessica Weissman July 20, 2017

Did the version in the admin console - which is available to me.  I'll ask the guys to try the rebuild from scratch solution.

Thanks, Ann.

David November 29, 2017

Hi Jessica,

Did the re-indexing solve your issue ? I am experiencing similar a issue.

Thanks,

DB

Jessica Weissman November 29, 2017

The admin console thing resolved it temporarily.  I had to keep doing it every hour or so.

We had to rebuild the index from scratch (in the system admin tools) to get a permanent solution.  No problems since we did that.

David November 29, 2017

ok thanks !

Scott Beeson September 27, 2023

How do you do this in 2023? All these instructions for indexing are either out of date or do not apply to cloud.

0 votes
Jessica Weissman July 20, 2017

Based on a hunch I had the search index regenerated on our installation.  Problem gone temporarily.  When I added another item qualified to be on the list, it was not added to the list.

AND I have the same page properties report macro on different pages in the same space.  They show different results.

0 votes
Jessica Weissman July 19, 2017

If I copy a page and apply only the new label, MOST OF THE TIME but not all the time it gets reported on correctly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events