Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Index Macro: Is there a way to turn off displaying the excerpt?

R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2014

3 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2014

Well there isn't an option and I doubt you want to customize the add-on JAR so we can do a little Confluence customizing instead.

• Navigate to: Confluence → Confluence Admin → Look and Feel → Stylesheet
    (/admin/viewstylesheet.action)
  • Press Edit
  • Add the following code to the stylesheet:

td .smalltext {
        display: none;
    }

This should do the trick. smile This will look for TD elements, and then look for a .smalltext class in those TD elements. If they exist, they will be hidden. I haven't seen any negative behavior yet but I will keep poking around as I am not sure if anything else uses the specific order of "td .smalltext"

0 votes
R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2014

Sure, here is the image.

When I add the Page Index macro to a page, the image below is what displays. Is it possible to configure the Page Index macro to hide the excerpted information? That information is required for other pages so I can't removed the excerpted content from the original page. The excerpted info makes the index page significantly longer than I want it to be.

PageIndexMacro.png

0 votes
R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2014

Hello,

I've created an index page. The only thing I want to change is to turn off displaying the excerpt information. Is there a way to remove that? When I click on the macro, there's not way turn that feature off.

I've looked for another macro that works similarly. But I haven't found anything.

Thanks.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2014

Can you take a screenshot of what you're referring to? I am not certain of what you're talking about.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events