Page Created Date

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

Hi Team,

In Confluence currently we can see the details like Who has been created the page and last modified date of it but i want to know the Created date for the page as well.

I know we can get this information from Page History but in my scnerio we have around 1K pages so its difficult to go each and every page history and check the created date.

Any suggestions/add-on can help us to find out this.

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2018

Hello @Yogesh Mude

I have implemented something simliar.

You can hide the meta-information for all the pages in the space 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-hide-content-author-name-created-by-in-a-page-701600769.html

"How to Hide 'Created by' and 'Last Modified'"

Then add the required information in the space header in the space admin section - look and feel (creator, creationDate, and lastModified by and the date)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Confluence-5-4-2-user-macro-to-display-author-tagline/qaq-p/505453

https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-confluence/5.4.2/com/atlassian/confluence/pages/Page.html

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

Hi @Tarun Sapra

Thanks for the response.

Will check and get back to you.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2018

Hi @Tarun Sapra

I have checked with below but no luck..

$content.getCreationDate()

Could you please check and let me know where i have missed out.

Confluence_StyleSheet.pngCreation_Date.png

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2018

HI @Tarun Sapra

Thanks for your response.

Its working with the User Macro..

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2018

Hello @Yogesh Mude

Glad to know that it's working, could you please paste the complete solution so that other users in the community can also implement something similar in their instance if need be. Thanks!

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2018

HI @Tarun Sapra

We need to create a user Macro form General configurations and need to add the below code.

## @noparams

<ul>
  <li><strong>Created By:</strong> #usernameLink($content.getCreatorName())</li>
  <li><strong>Created Date:</strong> $action.dateFormatter.formatDateTime($content.getCreationDate())</li>
  <li><strong>Page Version:</strong> $content.getVersion()</li>
  <li><strong>Last Modified By:</strong> #usernameLink($content.getLastModifierName())</li>
  <li><strong>Last Modifed Date:</strong> $action.dateFormatter.formatDateTime($content.getLastModificationDate())</li>
</ul>

Once we have done with the user macro, just need to add the created macro to confluence page so it will show the created Date and all...

For more information please have a look at the below previous discussion.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Confluence-5-x-API-extracting-page-metadata-created-by-date/qaq-p/529471

Note: The CSS code it won't work on anywhere like space Stylesheet.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2018

Hello @Yogesh Mude

Thanks for sharing, so you have created the user macro, but then instead of manually adding on every page, have you tried adding the macro on evervy page of the space as described here

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Confluence-apply-a-macro-to-all-children-pages-of-a-space/qaq-p/36058

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2018
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2018

Pretty cool - thanks for sharing this solution that made me a find a solution for a problem I had for a long time. 

tapraj March 23, 2022

This solution does work for me to populate the date but unfortuantely the date updates to current date in the existing pages even when then page's creation date is not current date. Any solution regarding that?

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2018

Hi @Yogesh Mude - if you just want to find all pages created in a defined timeline - you can easily put a filter in search. Just put a filter looking for sites and define timeline.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2018

Hi @Fabienne Gerhard

Thanks for the response.

Could you please provide an example of it.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2018

Hi @Yogesh Mude

1. Go to advanced search  
  2. Add filter -> 'Created' image.pngimage.png
  3. Choose 'Costum'
  4. You can now define the timeline 'From' -> 'To' image.png
  5. Result:
    image.png

You can also restrict results using the other available functions like Type of, Last modified aso. 

Hope this helps!

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2018

Hi @Fabienne Gerhard

Sorry for the silly question but I'm not able to find the Advanced Search option in Confluence Itself.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2018

Hi @Yogesh Mude - stupid questions don't exist. My fault (a little bit) - it's Full search not Advanced (even if it's advanced in my own little opinion)

You enter full search when using search function - see documentation here

-> you can delete the search word (which you used to enter search result site) if you want to search for the date created

Keep on going!

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2018

In my case, there will be a lot of the pages so the filter will help us more.

1 vote
Mumo Systems November 14, 2018

Yogesh,

Try the Change-History Macro.

Victor

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2018

@Mumo Systems

Thanks for the response.

Will check this.

0 votes
Martin November 19, 2019

Hello ,

You can try this app: Page Views 

It can show a list of all pages with creator information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events