Page Break on PDF Export at the Heading Level

Hi all

I have been reading through the answers to this kind of question and have found that this should have been as simple as adding

h1

{

page-break-before: always;

}

in the PDF Style Sheet of the space. I have added the above but my export is not pagebreaking on h1 ??

Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

Thanks

Gary

3 answers

1 accepted

OK, just worked out me issue.

It seems that as the PDF Export generates the PDF the page title in the WIKI becomes a Level 1 Heading. This then pushed the heading I have in the page to a lower level.

So if I use:

h1, h2 {
page-break-before: always; }
then my page breaks according to my h1 heading as they have just been pushed up to h2's.
Gary

Elsehwere in the documentation for the PDF export feature, it explains how all heading levels are demoted based on the overall hierarchy. Sometimes headings get demoted farther than you expect.

I have version 4.3, and as per my post I already have the code in place. The link you provided is using my h1. {page-break-before: always;}. Only problem is that mine is not breaking on heading of level one when exported to PDF

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

703 views 21 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you