Page Break on PDF Export at the Heading Level

Gary Febb December 4, 2012

Hi all

I have been reading through the answers to this kind of question and have found that this should have been as simple as adding

h1

{

page-break-before: always;

}

in the PDF Style Sheet of the space. I have added the above but my export is not pagebreaking on h1 ??

Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

Thanks

Gary

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gary Febb December 5, 2012

OK, just worked out me issue.

It seems that as the PDF Export generates the PDF the page title in the WIKI becomes a Level 1 Heading. This then pushed the heading I have in the page to a lower level.

So if I use:

h1, h2 {
page-break-before: always; }
then my page breaks according to my h1 heading as they have just been pushed up to h2's.
Gary
1 vote
DavidH December 10, 2012

Elsehwere in the documentation for the PDF export feature, it explains how all heading levels are demoted based on the overall hierarchy. Sometimes headings get demoted farther than you expect.

0 votes
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

Similar issue reported here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/103752/several-issues-with-pdf-stylesheet-output-for-confluence-4-3

Which version of Confluence are you using?

Gary Febb December 5, 2012

I have version 4.3, and as per my post I already have the code in place. The link you provided is using my h1. {page-break-before: always;}. Only problem is that mine is not breaking on heading of level one when exported to PDF

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events