PPT & PPTX preview issue

Deleted user April 27, 2017

Hello Guys,

Good Day! Iam trying to preview a PPTx (MS powerpoint) file in Confluence but iam getting an message stating me to download the file to view it, but for MS Word, pdf and MS excel its working fine. Also the PPT file is not showing me the PPT first page in the display of the file instead its showing-up a weird thumnail image which really looks un-professional. (snapshot attached as below)

Can someone help me here? we are currently using Confluence 6.0.6

Thanks

Sadiq

Confluence_pptx_preview error.JPG

7 answers

1 vote
SMAtlassianMber December 31, 2018

I am having the same problem with Server 6.10.0 where the images are not displayed on a PPT or PPTX. 

1 vote
Scot Gutierrez November 1, 2018

Agree with Michelle.  PPTX slides look blurred.  And when you click the thumbnail the PPTX opens up but the slides are still blurred.

Is there a solution for this problem?

1 vote
Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2018

I have noticed the same issue on server 6.2.3. Clicking on a link to the PPT/PPTX attachment, the preview shows only images, not the text, or sometimes only some of the text. So the user has to download the file in order to view it and it makes them grumpy.

When using the PPT/PPTX display macro on the page itself, most -- but not all -- of the time both the text and images display (although the appearance is "pixelated" or "blurry").

1 vote
Novak Ivo May 2, 2018

Hello Guys, has been this problem solved? Thank you for answer !

1 vote
External February 23, 2018

Will this problem be solved?

1 vote
Jan-Peter Rusch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2017

This might be related to the content inside your ppt/x file. We had a similar issue with a background master image display on every page. Try a simple ppt/pptx file. Does this display? Are the server logs clean?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2017

I tried reproducing the issue on Confluence 6.0.6 but the slides do display.

I look forward to hearing whether a simpler PowerPoint file will render, as Jan-Peter asked, and whether the atlassian-confluence.log has any warnings. Also, does this occur with every browser?

Deleted user May 4, 2017

Firstly, Thanks for your response Jan-Petet & Ann Worley. Yes, i created a test PPT with just a single slide (without any images or themes) but still this issue exist. I have attached the snapshot for reference.

@Jan-Peter, How do i check the server logs size?

@Ann, Yes, its the same with anyother browser (Iam using Chrome), Where can i see the confluence.log? Sorry, iam new to Atlassian tools.

Thanks

Sadiq

Confluence_pptissue_2.pngConfluence_pptissue_1.png

Jan-Peter Rusch
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2017

Sadiq,

are you using Cloud or Server? If you are using server you should ask your admin to check the application log for any error messages. If you are an admin yourself, open the data dircetory on your server and then the logs subdirectory. There is a file named application.log

Check this file...

If you are on Cloud, I'm sorry, only Atlassian can help you.

What Powerpoint version are you using?

Deleted user May 7, 2017

Hi Jan,

We are using Cloud. I tried with Powerpoint 2010 and 2016 as well but it doesnt work.

Thanks

Sadiq

Leo Kervizic July 28, 2017

I have the same issue on Confluence Server 6.3.1

PDF, excel & word ok 

No thumbnails for ppt or pptx file.

No error or warn in logs

Guru Prasadh September 25, 2017

I have the same issue as well. Preview does not seem to work with pptx files. When the pptx link is clicked, it gives this message:

We cant preview this file

You'll have to download the file to view it

Deleted user September 25, 2017

Hi Guru & Leo,

Yes, iam still facing that issue. In-parallel finding the solution for this issue, i am inserting the pptx file as a link and taking the snapshot of the first slide and inserting next to the link as an jpeg image for a better/professional appearance.

You can do the same as a interim fix. I think atlassian would be having some solution for this issue and it will be great if they can advise us on the same. 

Thanks

Sadiq

Jan Scherks October 3, 2017

Hi,

I have the same issue. Confluence version is 6.2.2.

Some ppt and pptx files are not rendering properly in preview. Usually the text is missing. Weird thing is that one file preview fine in one space but not in second.

It's annoying.

Regards

Jan

0 votes
Art Freas March 4, 2019

I have this issue with one file, another file based on the same template with no significant differences doesn't have the issue. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events