PDF macro doesn't work on Confluence Cloud

Laurel Michaels July 16, 2015

I am on Confluence Cloud.

I have a PDF, 33 pages long. All in English, just a few graphics. It displays perfectly in a PDF viewer.

It doesn't display in the PDF macro (just a white block where the doc should be, but the viewer buttons show up ok).

Is this a known bug?

Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Laurel

4 answers

1 vote
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2015

Having the PDF "appear" on the page is, ostensibly, previewing it.

Some other things to try:

1. Try the Attachments macro to see if it displays when selected (not perfect, but perhaps workable)
  2. Convert it to a LucidChart or other add-on graphic and embed it.
  3. Convert it to a PowerPoint presentation and embed it.
  4. Convert it to a Word doc and embed it.
  5. Extract each page as a jpeg and use the Gallery macro to display all the "pages."
  6. Try a few settings of the Optimize PDF tool in Acrobat.
  7. Try saving as an older version PDF.
0 votes
Laurel Michaels July 20, 2015

Thanks for recommending the Attachments macro. As you say, that solution is far from perfect and looks rather unprofessional, but it does work. That's what we are going with for now.

I filed a ticket and support tells me that this is a known bug that has been around for a long time, but is still not fixed.

I appreciate your help – thanks again.

0 votes
Laurel Michaels July 17, 2015

Thanks for your answer. I tried inserting it into a different space and got the same results. Also, I don't want to preview it, I just want the content to appear in the page.

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2015

Previewing PDFs seems somewhat dodgy. Try attaching it to a different space to see if it previews there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events