PDF macro doesn't work on Confluence Cloud

I am on Confluence Cloud.

I have a PDF, 33 pages long. All in English, just a few graphics. It displays perfectly in a PDF viewer.

It doesn't display in the PDF macro (just a white block where the doc should be, but the viewer buttons show up ok).

Is this a known bug?

Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Laurel

4 answers

Previewing PDFs seems somewhat dodgy. Try attaching it to a different space to see if it previews there.

Thanks for your answer. I tried inserting it into a different space and got the same results. Also, I don't want to preview it, I just want the content to appear in the page.

Having the PDF "appear" on the page is, ostensibly, previewing it.

Some other things to try:

1. Try the Attachments macro to see if it displays when selected (not perfect, but perhaps workable)
  2. Convert it to a LucidChart or other add-on graphic and embed it.
  3. Convert it to a PowerPoint presentation and embed it.
  4. Convert it to a Word doc and embed it.
  5. Extract each page as a jpeg and use the Gallery macro to display all the "pages."
  6. Try a few settings of the Optimize PDF tool in Acrobat.
  7. Try saving as an older version PDF.

Thanks for recommending the Attachments macro. As you say, that solution is far from perfect and looks rather unprofessional, but it does work. That's what we are going with for now.

I filed a ticket and support tells me that this is a known bug that has been around for a long time, but is still not fixed.

I appreciate your help – thanks again.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

278 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you