PDF export from Confluence enlarge my image or cuts it off

Zandrea May 23, 2023

Hi there, (am using cloud verison of atlassian)

I have a page in confluence with functional specs. The page includes:

- index

- text (headings & normal text)

- Code snippets

- images

- URL links

When I export this page as a PDF, everything exports very neatly, except the images.

The images where all added the same way (pasted), some images shows just fine on the export, other images are enlarged over 2x A4 pages..

I tried everything. I tried re-pasting the images, using a bullet point, putting the image in a table, snipping the images and adding that version of the image - NOTHING works!

- If image is not in table: It enlarge to the size of 2x A4 pages

- If image is in table: the size is correct BUT the bottom part of image is cut off

I have google and looked at previous similar issues logged - those thickets are all closed on the Atlassian Jira board, but the issues still persist.

I am at my wits end, and needless to say, I am extremely frustrated, and don't know how to go forward.

This document needs to be sent to a client and I cannot send it in the state it is in now.

Please assist!

Regards 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Zandrea and welcome to the community,

Can you check if there is any pdf stylesheet to the specific space, as well as on the global configuration?

Zandrea May 23, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_, where do I check the stylesheets? (im not very familiar with the setup part of Confleunce)

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

@Zandrea the problem you are referring to, can possibly be this bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-72746

Vote and watch for further updates, but do the workaround it proposes:

Workaround

If the images are centrally aligned:
Resize the image.

If the images are left-aligned:
1. Centre the image
2. Increase the size
3. Left align the image
4. Publish the page

Zandrea May 23, 2023

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ I cannot change the size of my image. It only allows me to wrap text, add alt text, add link, copy or delete it.. When the UI for pages was made by Atlassian about 3 years ago, a lot of the functionality was removed. Its not user friendly at all (but that is a story for another time)

Snip20230523_6.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

@Zandrea image size is changed from the image and not from the image options. When hovering on the image, you will see two blue handlers. Click and drag left/right.

Like Zandrea likes this
Zandrea May 23, 2023

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ahh! I had no idea. Thank you for your guidance. Let me try out the above workaround.

Zandrea May 24, 2023

Good morning @Alex Koxaras _Relational_

Thank you for your guidance yesterday. I can confirm the workaround did not work efficiently, but I found a workaround for myself that did work:

1. Add this "layout" table to the page 

Snip20230524_10.png

2. Cut the image and paste it into the first column

3. Select the image and "centre" it.

4. Click outside the layout table and publish

Im glad to have found a workaround, but it would be great if Atlassian fix this bug in the native pdf export option.

Have a good day!

Kind regards,

Zandrea

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

Good to know that you've solved it!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events