Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

PDF export customization

Hi,

We followed the instructions in the following link to customize our pdf templates when we export the file from alternateam confluence. But it doesn't work. https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/customize-exports-to-pdf-190480945.html

We couldn't find our mistake and how it doesn't work.

Our platform is:

https://alternateam.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/overview

Thank you,

Petek

4 answers

Hi @Srinatha T could you please illuminate us about the process and next steps for the issue?

Thank you,

Petek

Hi @Srinatha T  is there a progress on how you can help us?

Thank you,

Petek

Hi,

From settings>look and feel> pdf export we inserted the html codes as below:

pdf export.png

You may find the pdf template and the html codes for title page, footer, end page, page style in the link: https://we.tl/t-Jjg7BOmoof

Then I tried to export pdf for any content in my spaces for example:

but nothing happens I can't see any customized item.

pdfexport.png

Thanks,

Petek

Shannon S Atlassian Team Apr 01, 2022

Hi Petek, (@Alternacx2022)

Thank you for sharing these details. It helps! I'll step in and help since Srinatha isn't available at this moment.

First, you should make sure you're following the Cloud version of that document. The page you linked is for Server specifically. Refer to this page instead: Confluence Cloud: Customize Exports to PDF 

Second, you edited the Global PDF layout, but you mentioned it doesn't work when you try to export individual page content. Note that the Global PDF layout applies to full site exports.

PDF customization only applies to space exports (not single page exports via Tools > Export to PDF)

export-space.png

I'm happy to keep working on this with you, but the WeTransfer file you sent earlier is expired. It would also be easier if I could have a look at your site. In that case, I can raise a support ticket for you and work directly with you via our support portal. Please let me know if you like that option, and I can create the ticket.

Take care,

Shannon | Atlassian Community Support

0 votes
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Mar 22, 2022

Hi @Alternacx2022 ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

I checked the platform URL above but due to page restrictions I could not access the same. If you can elaborate more on  the issue and specify

what steps you tried on the webpage ?

what was the end result ? You received any error ?

Then we will be in a better position to check and provide any suggestion / solution based on that. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

1,053 views 19 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you