PDF export customization

Alternacx2022 March 22, 2022

Hi,

We followed the instructions in the following link to customize our pdf templates when we export the file from alternateam confluence. But it doesn't work. https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/customize-exports-to-pdf-190480945.html

We couldn't find our mistake and how it doesn't work.

Our platform is:

https://alternateam.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/overview

Thank you,

Petek

5 answers

0 votes
Wouter van den Berg July 14, 2022

Hi Petek, 

The thing that might be confusing is the fact that you need to select Export space to PDF and not going to the page you want exported and then click export to either Word or PDF. At the top of the customization you'll see that button (see attached image below). At the second screen select Custom and select the pages you want exported. 

Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 10.25.55.png

0 votes
Alternacx2022 March 30, 2022

Hi @Srinatha T could you please illuminate us about the process and next steps for the issue?

Thank you,

Petek

0 votes
Alternacx2022 March 24, 2022

Hi @Srinatha T  is there a progress on how you can help us?

Thank you,

Petek

0 votes
Alternacx2022 March 22, 2022

Hi,

From settings>look and feel> pdf export we inserted the html codes as below:

pdf export.png

You may find the pdf template and the html codes for title page, footer, end page, page style in the link: https://we.tl/t-Jjg7BOmoof

Then I tried to export pdf for any content in my spaces for example:

but nothing happens I can't see any customized item.

pdfexport.png

Thanks,

Petek

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2022

Hi Petek, (@Alternacx2022)

Thank you for sharing these details. It helps! I'll step in and help since Srinatha isn't available at this moment.

First, you should make sure you're following the Cloud version of that document. The page you linked is for Server specifically. Refer to this page instead: Confluence Cloud: Customize Exports to PDF 

Second, you edited the Global PDF layout, but you mentioned it doesn't work when you try to export individual page content. Note that the Global PDF layout applies to full site exports.

PDF customization only applies to space exports (not single page exports via Tools > Export to PDF)

export-space.png

I'm happy to keep working on this with you, but the WeTransfer file you sent earlier is expired. It would also be easier if I could have a look at your site. In that case, I can raise a support ticket for you and work directly with you via our support portal. Please let me know if you like that option, and I can create the ticket.

Take care,

Shannon | Atlassian Community Support

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2022

Hi @Alternacx2022 ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

I checked the platform URL above but due to page restrictions I could not access the same. If you can elaborate more on  the issue and specify

what steps you tried on the webpage ?

what was the end result ? You received any error ?

Then we will be in a better position to check and provide any suggestion / solution based on that. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events