PDF embeds display blurry, or not at all.

Nick Williams February 19, 2020

We're trying to create a page that has 10-20 .PDF's attached that the user can scroll through looking at thumbnails of each to find the one they need.

When I use the "Insert Files & Images" it displays, but its very blurry and unreadable
https://prnt.sc/r4ste0

When I use the PDF macro, it's just blank.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2020

Hi @Nick Williams  

couldn't see your image but made similar experiences you're talking about. Images&Files makes PDFs very blurry. PDF macro is a bit tricky, too. 

We are using Link Preview for Confluence a free app for Server you can define with different settings. Hovering the image you get the defined range (for example PDF). It works for us. 

Hope I could help.

Nick Williams February 20, 2020

Nice. This may work.

Do you know if it has the ability to always display the preview, without having to pass the mouse over the link? We'd like to display several on a page at once.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2020

Hi @Nick Williams - not sure - you can probably get this in the settings. Our solution is using blurry preview with a short description. User can than use mouse over and scroll through the whole pdf in a great solution.

This makes it possible to show round about 7 pdfs on one page (or even more) - when user is interested it's possible to check out for more without clicking. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events