PDF Stylesheet not affecting header size

Nick Reilingh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2015

The default PDF export for confluence 5.7 outputs 8-point text – I want to scale this up to a more standard 12-point so it looks like any other word processor document.

The first thing I tried was to add a rule paragraph tag, setting font-size to 12pt, and this worked great. But when I tried to make similar modifications to h1-h6 (starting from the defaultpdf.css file), no change is observed in the resulting PDF. I notice that the header styles are defined in px, where the paragraph style is define in pt.

Is there something I'm not getting? How do I troubleshoot this?

EDIT:

What I'm actually trying here is to edit the "PDF Stylesheet" for a space by including the following in the space's look and feel configuration:

body,p,li,td,table,tr,.bodytext,.stepfield  
{  
	font-size: 12pt;  
}  
h1  
{  
    font-size: 26pt;  
}  
h2  
{  
    font-size: 20pt;  
}  
h3 etc...

I started with the default CSS file on the page linked above for a reference, and then just increased the sizes  by a few points – and in the case of headers, changed the units from px to pt which should also make them larger.

But only the font-size property for body/p/li, etc is taking effect. The header properties are unchanged, AND seem to be different from the supposedly default values to begin with!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2015

You could try to add ".wiki-content" to increase your selectors specifity:

.wiki-content h1 {
 font-size: 26pt; 
}

That seems to works in my own PDF stylesheet. No guarantee though, just an attempt.

Nick Reilingh
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2015

Hey, that did it! I guess I should just be looking at the regular page display in-browser to see what rules will be overridden. It looks like there are some h2 rules on the page but none of them take effect because of the .wiki-content rules. Perhaps the documentation on this hasn't been updated for the new default theme yet.

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2015

Hi Nick,

it is hard to tell why your modifications don't work without knowing what they are. Can you post what code you entered and where?

Nick Reilingh
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2015

I expanded the question -- thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events