Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Stylesheet - any guides out there?

Chris van Hasselt March 26, 2012

Any guides out there for how to work with the stylesheet for PDF? I am including a person's profile (via a macro) on a page, and it displays the whole profile when I export to PDF. Unfortunately, the rendering is completely off when it goes to PDF. Problems include:

1) inadequate space between profile block and next element, namely the next table cell in the display.

2) On screen, the person's name lines up with their image. Not so in PDF rendering.

3) Drop shadow is gone (this is NOT important to me, but it is a rendering failure, I think.

4) background color of the profile block doesn't carry over to print.

Any guidance appreciated.

3 answers

1 vote
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

@Matthew:

The numbering in the toc comes from the confluencedefaultpdf.css. There are lines like this:

div.toclvl0:before {
    content:  counter(chapter) ". ";
    counter-increment: chapter;  /* Add 1 to chapter */
    }

If you want to get rid of the numbering you must override this by adding some new lines to your PDF export stylesheet. Try something like this:

div.toclvl0:before, div.toclvl1:before {
    content:"";
    }

As regards some general guidance:
I learned that the PDF export uses CSS 2.1 and so any documentation on CSS 2.1 should get you started.

Steffen

Matthew Marichiba August 7, 2012

Thank you, Steffen! That worked like a charm.

I'll have to dig deeper into confluencedefaultpdf.css to learn how Confluence labels the pieces of the page so I can get my CSS selectors right.

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2012

Hi,

I think you already know this page: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+Exports+to+PDF ?

Best regards

Thomas

Chris van Hasselt March 26, 2012

I have seen this, it is helpful, to a point. I'm trolling other answers now, looking if there are any tips I'm missing.

I see ScrollWiki in my future, though....

0 votes
Matthew Marichiba August 7, 2012

+1 to this request. I've looked at all the Confluence help pages, but nowhere do I see a complete reference for all the elements that show up in the PDF and how I would reference them from PDF CSS.

At present, I'm looking for a way to customize the TOC numbering in the PDF. Entries in the TOC default to be numbering with 1, 1.1, 1.1.1, etc., followed by the name of the page. I'd like to remove the numbering altogether, since the numbering shows up nowhere else in the document and is visually cluttering.

The following DOESN'T work in my PDF CSS (though it seems like it should).

1. div.toc ol
  2. {
  3. list-style:none;
  4. }

Any tips or pointers to complete PDF CSS documentation is appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events