Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Library

Zach Sellers October 23, 2020

I'd like to set up a PDF library in a document by attaching lots of PDF files. If each PDF file is 5 mb, about how many could I attach before the document slows down?

Is there an easier way to set up a file library like this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2020

I am going to short-circuit this one a bit.  Confluence is not a document (by attachment) system, and while it can be worth extending it a bit to handle them better, I would never attempt to use it to store huge piles of objects like pdf files.

Yes, it stores files.  It does it by letting you "attach" files to pages.  It expects the important stuff to be instantly presentable to users in a page, and attachments to be supporting content, not the thing people are that interested in.  As such, the "document management" functions are limited and not focussed on that.

So - it is perfectly possible to set up a citation library in Confluence.   It works brilliantly if your documents are done properly as real content.  But not attachments.  Attachments are things that support the real content, not the important stuff.

Zach Sellers October 25, 2020

Thank you!

0 votes
Zach Sellers October 23, 2020

More specifically, I'd like to set up a citation library like Zotero. Is that possible to do in Confluence?

Henrik Persson November 23, 2020

I'm also looking for a solution like this. The closest I've gotten is to find the plugin Simple Cite which has bibtex support. Seems to exist for both cloud and server versions of Confluence but works a bit different on them. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events