PDF Export omits text from the code macro

Felicity Chapman February 14, 2013

We use Confluence to provide technical support documentation and the code macro is used on many pages to display code examples.

Just noticed that some of the examples in the exported PDF made no sense at all. On investigation it became clear that when the example included a long line of hyphens (a comment to break up the text in the configuration file), some of the subsequent lines of code were simply omitted from the exported document. No idea why this is happening or how many other topics might be affected but not good behaviour.

The wiki text:

{code}

# JAVA ANALYSIS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

projects/JavaApp1/*

projects/JavaApp2/*

projects/NewJavaApp/*

# Maintainability

{code}

Appears as expected in the browser but appears in the PDF as:

{code}

# JAVA ANALYSIS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maintainability

{code}

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felicity Chapman February 28, 2013

On investigation, this turns out to be a problem only with my customized PDF stylesheet. If I delete my stylesheet and revert to the default Confluence PDF stylesheet then there is no problem (not a long-term option).

The workaround was to make sure that the lines of hyphens were shorter and did not wrap in the export.

0 votes
salvatore March 12, 2016

Something went wrong with my pdf reader. I wanna convert pdf into text first. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. How about the abovementioned one?

----------------------------------------------------------------  

Related: pdf conversion to text

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events