Hi @all,

we want to export content to PDF but not over the menu [...]

We want an Link or Button on the site. Ok on ever site i can look an copy from the menu, but that is very hard about many sites.

Is there another solution for my problem ?

2 answers

1 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team May 03, 2017

The only way I could find natively was to add a web link to the page which points at the same link the button on the menu points to. All the plugins I found seem to be focussed on formatting the exports.

I am sure what you want to achieve could be done with a User Macro, the only example I found works in conjunction with Scroll PDF Exporter:

How can I insert a export button to a page?

thx for yout help, and i found the same ... but i do not want to paid a lot of money for an only link button :-/

As a long-time user of Scroll PDF, I can say it is the only way to get professionally formatted PDFs out of Confluence (using CSS and Velocity). But it is paid,

We do take advantage that they provide a REST link the will export a specific page root using a predefind templates and export schemes.

Why exactly do you need a button for exporting pages? Do you want to export many pages at once? 

If so, check out Content Exporter for Confluence addon for exporting multiple pages at once:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.metainf.confluence.plugin.pagetreeexporter.pagetree-word-exporter-plugin/cloud/overview

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,909 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you