PDF Export Stylesheet

I need to create a PDF stylesheet for my Confluence site, and am a bit of a CSS dummy. Does anyone have an example they can post of theirs, which includes the following:

• Title Page with image
  • TOC
  • Footer with page numbers and maybe a graphic

If I have that I think I can manage a basic version.

Also, is it possible to have widow/orphan control in a CSS stylesheet?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Most of them is covered in our documentation:

The best starting point is to refer to the default PDF Stylesheet here: confluencedefaultpdf.css. From there you'll get more clues on where to customise which.

I don't think so. But perhaps you can explain further on what are you trying to achieve here?

I don't know about newer versions but I am using Confluence 3.1.1 and its PDF output is based on the Flying Saucer PDF engine. In 3.1.1, widow and orphan control is not directly supported.

As far as I know orphans and widows are part of CSS 2.1. Their specifications are explained at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-CSS21-20070719/page.html#break-inside

I tried using it myself but couldn't get it to work the way I wanted. So I am still looking for a working example and I can't answer if or to what extent this functionality is implemented in Confluence (=> hints and answers are welcome!).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

284 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you