Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Export Fails on Page

lkingsley December 29, 2022

When attempting to export a parent page and it's child pages individually, I get an error on ONE child page saying an exception occurred/failed to read image.

All other pages successfully export to PDF.  

Error Message

PDF Export Fail.png

A difference on this page which is not on any others is that it includes an animated gif.  I see this ticket which seems related but it is for the old editor and this page is in the new editor.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-73134

That may not be the issue, I am not sure...I don't see any related error when I inspect in the browser

Is there a way to get around this and export to PDF (outside of using the system print dialog)?

3 answers

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2022

Hi @lkingsley 

Apart from doing what Dave suggested, I would suggest that you contact Atlassian's support directly. Being on a premium plan, they'll be able to assist you.

lkingsley January 3, 2023

They must have upgraded our plan as we previously didn't have a level that allowed direct contact with Atlassian, I'll have to find who has the capability as it won't allow me to create a ticket.

0 votes

Thanks @Dave Liao @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ .   Removing the animated gif did allow the export to PDF to function.  But obviously, it would be best if it didn't have to be removed for the page to generate the PDF.   

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2023

Obviously that's not the answer, just a temporary workaround 🤣🤣🤣

I'll mention this to Atlassian via backchannels in case they're not aware.

I'm not able to reproduce your issue - I was able to export a tiny space that has an animated GIF in it. 🤷

Like lkingsley likes this

Thanks Dave, and how weird.  I'm just exporting a single child page in case that is somehow different.

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2022

@lkingsley - Try removing the animated GIF on the troublesome page, then try an individual export of the page? (of course, save the GIF somewhere)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events