Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwrite a page in a different space

Alexis Ruiz August 26, 2022

Hi!

I am copying a page "X" from a space "A" to a space "B" and it works properly(both pages are version 1 now)

Then i make changes on page "X" in space A (Being now v2). My Chief check the page and is not approved. then i edit it again (being now v3), and so on. then i.e. this page is approved in its version 5 and should be published in the space "B" that is public for everybody.

The problem is:

I want to move page "X" to space "B" with the same name, but it is not possible (error same name)

I want to overwrite the page "X" in space "B" so it appears as version 2. 

How can I do this? 

I am using it for SOP's that should be approved. Then space "A" is the draft space and space "B" is the official space.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You will need to rename or delete the target page

Alexis Ruiz August 28, 2022

Hi Nic. 

Thanks, but deleting the target page will restart the version of the page. 

And I would like to update the version 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2022

In that case, you'll need to edit the target page.  You're not "copying" or "moving", you need to edit.

Alexis Ruiz August 28, 2022

Then confluence does not have a function for overwriting the page? :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2022

Yes, it does, it's called "edit". 

"Overwrite" in the way you have described it is a simple edit of a page, it's not replacing anything or throwing away the target page, it's changing the content.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events