Outside users

Raoul Kaiser May 18, 2017

We are using Confluence and Jira in our I.T. department only. How can I create confluence pages to allow those outside of I.T. but part of the company to view the confluence pages we create?

If I was to open this to the internet so any one can see then that would require building extra security and getting my sys admin involved etc etc.

I want to create a confluence page and just allow corp employees to view it.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2017

The most simple approach is to create a new space for the non-IT folk, put your pages in that space and set the space access rights to "anonymous can see it".

Before doing that, check none of your other spaces use anonymous access.

Then you can point anybody who can see the server to that space and let them see everything in it.

There are more complex variations - making spaces anonymously readable in the same way, and then restricting parts of them, but I find the simple "one anonymous space" approach works best

Raoul Kaiser May 18, 2017

Doesn't that mean that someone outside of the company could run across it and could see it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events