Other Macros Not working

Karl Jackson November 14, 2017

I am using confluence cloud and there seems to be a bug when clicking on 'other macros'. Nothing happens. I tried in Chrome and Edge. 

Tried to create a bug, but I get this 'User 'xxxx.xxx' doesn't have the 'Assign Issues' permission'.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2017

Hi Karl,

I have a fix for your issue, but I need to apply it myself to the instance as it's not something you'll have access to.

Is it possible for you to let me know the URL of your instance? As soon as I see it you can remove it from the post if you don't want it kept online.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Karl Jackson November 27, 2017

Please see the following support ticket: [SUPPORT] Comment posted to request #JST-344720

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2017

Karl,

Thank you!

This is due to a known issue since External Gadgets were removed from Jira Cloud, and it appears you still have some enabled that were for Jira Software (Agile). They no longer function, so I would like to remove these from your site.

Once you give me the go-ahead, I'll do that now, and then you'll be able to insert macros again. 

Kind regards,

Shannon

Karl Jackson November 28, 2017

Is that going to affect my current set up?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 29, 2017

Hi Karl,

It will not, as the external gadgets have already been blocked as a result of the message sent this summer. Removing residual links has proven in the past to correct the issue with your Other menu not loading.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Karl Jackson November 29, 2017

Thanks Shannon

Please go ahead and make the changes.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 29, 2017

Thanks, Karl!

I made the changes as I mentioned in your ticket, so you should now be able to access that menu.

Could you give that a try now?

Kind regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Axel Kratel July 19, 2018

I'd like to know why this is marked as solved when we have the same exact issue when using Confluence as a service provided by Atlassian. No macros. 

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 15, 2017

Hi Karl,

We've seen this behavior on a few other Confluence Cloud instances, so we're currently investigating the cause. I will update you as soon as I have more information.

Regarding your inability to create bugs on jira.atlassian.com, the process is that customers can create feature requests, but bug reports need to be reported to our Support team, or you can also do it here on Community. This is mentioned on the dashboard of jira.atlassian.com under the Introduction heading. 

Thank you for your understanding, and I will contact you again as soon as I have more details about our ongoing investigation.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Karl Jackson November 17, 2017

You don't have to go through that dashboard to get to the page to create bugs, so that bit of information on bug reporting is easily missed. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 17, 2017

Unfortunately, yes, many people will miss that. I can see also that we set a notice when you select a bug to create that asks to go through support instead.

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 3.13.38 PM.png

I think it's not so clear that we have prevented bugs being created through this channel, so I will see about it getting worded differently.

I'm still following the issue in Cloud regarding your Other Macros menu and will let you know as soon as we have a fix.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Karl Jackson November 17, 2017

The "support system" message is vague. What about that tells me to defer to the community? Any other platform with a community mainly only has folks from the community helping resolve the issues. It takes you right back to the page where you see "suggestions and bug reports" as an option. For all I know your URL is also broke.Capture.PNG

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 17, 2017

Hi Karl,

The message itself isn't asking you to defer to the community, but asks you to contact Support. The link takes you to support.atlassian.com which is a separate site. To contact support you would use the green button below the menu options that you pasted above:

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 3.27.33 PM.png

I can understand why users might be confused, however, especially since that first part that is above your screenshot looks just like our Community site.

I will pass on this feedback.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events