Organising Clients and Projects in Confluence

Holland Risley August 26, 2014

We have around 20 staff with around 40 clients with multiple projects in most. We have just started using JIRA and Confluence which is just amazing.

How should we organise our clients and projects?

• Should we have a space for all clients and projects? or..

• A space for each client with project pages? or..

• A space for each project?

Any advice from seasoned users would be appreciated?

TIA :)

3 answers

0 votes
Darshanaa _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 4, 2024

Hi @Holland Risley ,

I was just wondering if you've come across a challenge in organising or locating pages in your spaces? 

If you or your team have, I would recommend you to try Space Manager for Confluence.

It helps to give you a visual view of your entire space(s) and you're able to clearly see which document relates to what project. 

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the app. Please feel free to leave any questions/feedback here. 

Thanks & have a great day! :)

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2014

The way we are set up, each client gets a Confluence Space and a JIRA project. This ensure we can set broad permissions and restrict access easily in the administration panel. Each client also gets a Crowd user group.

Internally we use a few spaces in addition to this.

Holland Risley August 28, 2014

Thank you, but what if a client has multiple projects then inside your client space you end up with shortcuts to lots of requirements documents and files lists and meeting notes. Surely it's best to just have 1 space per project?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2014

I see how that would make sense. I don't see an issue with that line of thinking, but we don't typically suffer from a deluge of documents like that. I also manually manage each space and ensure that only the shortcuts I want are avaliable and vice versa, which I see as easy since I've been doing it forever.

Holland Risley August 28, 2014

It sounds like you are in control! This is my first week with JIRA/Confluence and I am just about taming the beast. I still have lots of problems with permissions but I am sure we will get there. Thanks for your input :)

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2014
No problem! More than happy to help!
0 votes
Jan-Peter Rusch
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2014
You might want to check the latest Atlassian Confluence blog. There is a series on that question: http://blogs.atlassian.com/2014/08/create-confluence-space-team-project-part-2-2/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events