Order by Month name and display accordingly on the graph

Elena Kondrashova March 27, 2023

Hi All, 

Hoping to get a community help on the following question. 

I have a macro that pulls the information from different confluence pages into one table on single page. Table has columns: Project | Month | Allocated Hours. The entries come to the master table in unordered way, i.e. I can have entry for March, then for February below, then for March again etc. 

Now the goal is to present the data from this table in a chart grouped per month, but the issue that I have is that the months are showing in random order in the chart (see screenshot below). The "Month" column is just a text string, so when I try to update my SQL query in the macro, it groups by Month column in alphabetical order. 

Question: is there a way to go around it and have the month column sorted in chronological order as in January, February, March, April etc..?  TIA!

Chart.png

1 answer

3 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2023

Hi @Elena Kondrashova,

Based on the part of your screenshot, I assumed that we are talking about the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its macros. If it is so, please somehow mention the name of the app and macro names for us not to miss your questions.

Besides, you may refer to our support – the portal is confidential, so you’ll be able to share your data (for example, source tables and macro structure).

As for now, keeping in mind my assumption that you indeed use our app, I can suggest the following workaround using the Pivot Table macro:

Tue 21-1.pngTue 21-2.png

As you can see, the Pivot Table macro automatically sorts months in a proper way. So, your chart will look as required as well.

Tue 21-3.png

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events