Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Order Page Properties Report by field with a Jira Issue Counter Macro value Edited

We make heavy use of page properties report for summarizing issue related information on a helpful problem management dashboard that guides our operation. The structure is:

• A root page, with a page properties report macro searching for pages the a problem tag.
  • A set of subpages, each describing a problem. Those pages are labeled with the problem tag.

As expected those subpages contain a table inside a page properties macro, and those are the values we display at the report. One of those fields, has as its value a Jira Item Macro - set to display only a counter of the issues found by a given JQL (ex: 70 issues).

Here is my problem: i can display that value easily at the Page Properties Report, but i can't order the table by it. The page properties display the value AS-IS and since it isn't entirely a number (composed of <issue count> <pluralized "issue">) i can understand why ordering by this field does not work. Does any one know a way to make this work (other macros, or configurations i could use)?ocorrencias.png

2 answers

Hi @Miguel Fontes and @ivan_sandrini ,

We can suggest using our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

Wrap your Page Properties Report macro in the Table Filter macro, and your Jira Issues column becomes sortable:

PPR 1.pngPPR 2.pngPPR 3.pngNote that you'll also be able to use various types of filters to search across you PPR-report.

And you can predefine your type of sorting in the macro body:

PPR 4.png

Hey @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_! Thanks for taking the time to help me! I've hit your app site and, wow, it's really an interesting tool. I got blew away with the aggregation capabilities. Thanks for bringing it up! 

That said, i'm going to consider it as an option but, for now, our use case is too narrow for me to justify the investment. Maybe as our use of confluence grows, we will hit the spot where Table Filter and Charts for confluence will be a great fit!

Keep up the good work, Stillsoft!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🥓🙅🏻‍♀️ Meet-less May Badge!

Hello Confluence Community!  What if i told you that you could have a healthier life and be 100% meet-less? This month, we're promoting a healthy, balanced work diet with Confluence. We la...

203 views 2 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you