Oracle 12c settings

Alexander Sailer September 19, 2018

Dear community, 

I'm going to move a confluence 6.7.2 instance from an Ubuntu to a Windows server. 

Therefore I'm going to use an Oracle 12c db, but I' not sure about the correct settings. 

• charset: 
    AL32UTF8
  • Tablespace configuration
    ID: ?
    Tablespacename: ?
    Size (GB): ?

• Schema configuration
    ID: ?
    Schema: ?
    Default Tablespace: ?

I'm not an Oracle db administrator and therefor in our company there's a db request with this questions. It would be very helpful if anyone could give me some hints. 

Kidn regards

Alexander Sailer

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2018
Alexander Sailer September 25, 2018

Thx for your answer. 

I requested the db with a user and got it.  When I try to setup the connection I got the following error with the test (connection test): 

Permission error

Your database user needs the 'CONNECT' role

According to my db admin the following roles are permitted: 

CREATE DATABASE LINK
CREATE TABLE
CREATE SEQUENCE
CREATE CLUSTER
ALTER SESSION
CREATE SESSION
CREATE PROCEDURE
CREATE TYPE
CREATE VIEW
CREATE SYNONYM
CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW
CREATE TRIGGER

My db admin told me the connect role is not explicit available. With the SQL developer I'm able to connect to db. I'm not able to verify the settings, but after a restart of the confluence service and try to reconfigure the error persists. 

BTW:

Confluence 6.7.2 version. This is because I'd like to move some content from another confluence server with exact this version. 

I installed the bundle on a Windows Server 2016 (as an admin)

I also copied the "ojdbc8.jar" thin client driver as it is descriped in the docu for Confluence 6.7

DB: 
Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production 0
PL/SQL Release 12.1.0.2.0 - Production 0
"CORE 12.1.0.2.0 Production" 0
TNS for Linux: Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production 0
NLSRTL Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production 0

Any hints for me? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2018

Hmm, that's an interesting one.  12c explicitly has an equivalence between "Create Session" and "being in the Connect role" and you have that set, so it should be working.

It should not be giving you the error you are seeing, because Oracle should be letting it in.

I think this one might have to go to Atlassian support directly over at https://support.atlassian.com - if you struggle to raise it there, please let us know here and we'll nudge them directly.  And if you get a good answer, please share it too!

Snorre Selmer September 18, 2019

I know I'm doing a bit of thread necromancy here, but I had a similar issue a while back. I had all the permissions I should have needed to set up an Oracle connection, but turns out one permission was _implicitly_ granted through one of the roles I had, and that wasn't good enough for Confluence, it had to be _explicitly_ granted.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events