Opening "quick search" queries in a new tab rather than in the same page

Francois St-Pierre April 17, 2012

Hi,

I'm using Confluence 4.0 with RefinedWiki interface. At least when accessed via Chrome or Safari on a Mac, the "Quick search" results (which appear as you're typing a search query in the top right of the window) can only be opened in the same window. It would be nice if you could, say, right-click on them to open them in a new tab, or have a small icon or link besides them to enable tab opening. Is there a way to implement this feature?

Cheers

5 answers

1 vote
Francois St-Pierre April 19, 2012
1 vote
Francois St-Pierre April 19, 2012

I've created a bug report. Thanks!

Martin Moser April 19, 2012

Could you add a link to the bug report please? I'd like to vote on it!

Thanks

0 votes
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2012

Hallo Francois

Yes, I can open the quick search results in a separate tab when not using Refined Wiki.

I've just tried it on this site, which is a demo for Refined Wiki: demo.refinedwiki.com/

And it doesn't work there. So I think it must be a problem with the Refined Wiki theme. It's probably worth raising an issue with the Refined Wiki developers, or contacting them for support. This page has the contact details: http://demo.refinedwiki.com/display/rwot3x/Support

Cheers, Sarah

0 votes
Francois St-Pierre April 17, 2012

I should have mentioned that my mouse is setup for right-clicking, so it's the same as Ctrl-click. I also checked Ctrl clicking (as well as Cmd, alt, etc clicking), but no combination work.

I just tried with a PC, same problem.

Perhaps it's due to my use of RefinedWiki interface. Are you able to open these "quick search" result in a separate tab WITHOUT RefinedWiki?

Cheers,

Francois

0 votes
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2012

Hallo Francois

Have you tried holding down the Cmd key and then clicking the link in the quick search results? I don't have the Refined Wiki theme, but this key combination usually works on a Mac.

Cheers

Sarah

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events