Open a share folder on a Confluence with Chrome Browser KO

Romain Moyon March 3, 2019

The following syntax to open a server share folder in Confluence with Chrome doesn't work.

Insert > Link > Advance

Link :

• file://ibbxxx.ii.fr/P99/50-dossier/Extraction
  • file:///ibbxxx.ii.fr/P99/50-dossier/Extraction
  • file://////ibbxxx.ii.fr/P99/50-dossier/Extraction

Name : Lien

Did you now a correct link to open the folder with Chrome ?

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2019

Hi @Romain Moyon , welcome to Community!

This problem is open for years.. It is combination of browser, Confluence and OS issue. I have not much to add here than it is in this similar topic:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Confluence-How-to-place-a-link-to-a-file-on-a-server-share-in-a/qaq-p/258790

Please take a look on it and you should get all the answers.

Romain Moyon March 4, 2019

Thanks for your answer, i see this topic but i steel block.

I try the different syntax : 

[file:///server/share/etc/some path/with spaces]

file:///server/share/etc

file://SERVERNAME/PATH/FILENAME

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2019

It is not only about the syntax.. It might be simply blocked by your browser.. or OS.. or your antivirus.. etc. There are many levels that might fail. Definitely it is not something that you can turn on/off in Confluence. It depends on your environment and hard to set up. That is why this question is open for years with couple of workaround that might or might not work.

Like Zak Laughton likes this
Romain Moyon March 4, 2019

For information, the link open the folder window with Internet Explorer.

It's possible that is only block on Chrome ?

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2019

Yes, however it should be blocked by all modern browsers. Check this KB article for more information (actually related to Jira, but context is the same)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/can-t-link-to-local-files-from-within-jira-216958260.html

Like Zak Laughton likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events