Open a link to a page without opening a new tab

Rienk Douma February 8, 2021

I have a Space with multiple pages. I want the first page to act as a start page, containing images that link to specific pages within the same Space. When I click a link, it opens in a new tab. Is it possible to let it open in the same tab?

1 answer

0 votes
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Hi @Rienk Douma , 

Welcome to the community! 
Link opening behaviour has always been a bit of a mystery for Confluence cloud. 

In the old editor, links were always opened in the same tab, and is was a pain to change that behaviour. 
In the new editor, I think the default behaviour for text-based URL's is to open in the new tab, and for URL's behind images, to open in a new tab. 

Could you create a workaround with a textual link underneath the image? I think that would be the quickest solution.

- Tessa

Rienk Douma February 9, 2021

Hi Tessa,

Thank you for your swift reply! I tested your workaround and that indeed works. It's not ideal but if there isn't another option at the moment we can work with it. It would be great though to have a bit more options when creating links.

Regards!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events