One update leads to hundreds of email notifications

Jason Liu March 20, 2023

We have a page including 100+ attachment pictures. Every single update about the page content will let the system send hundreds of email notifications to watchers. I want to know the logic of the email notification. May I know why this happens? How to avoid this?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

@Jason Liu Do you have any apps installed on your server instance?  How are you adding images to the page?

Jason Liu March 27, 2023

Hi, I'm the admin of our Confluence and the question is from a user. So I think that they were adding the images by copy/paste or upload. Does this matter? Maybe I will ask them. Please see our installed plug-ins list:

Confluence plug-in 1.pngConfluence plug-in 2.pngConfluence plug-in 3.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

Yeah it would be interesting to see what they are doing.  I am wondering if they are doing a bunch of attachments not in edit mode.  Knowing the steps of what they are doing would be great.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events