One space per project or one space per development team

Wilfried Bastiaansen May 28, 2013

So we have multiple projects and multiple development teams.

Most of the team members of one development team is working on the same project. Some developers are working across multiple projects. (and so they belong to multiple development teams)

All development teams start at one point. That's me.

Al major info flows from different departments tru me to the development teams.

So how do I put that in Confluence?

Do I set up one space for all development teams and per Project a space?

Or do I set up a space per development team and one for each of their projects?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

Hi Theo -

For your use case, imho, I think you should read up about Blueprints - you will get alot of good ideas for these needs you describe.

http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/whats-new/confluence-51

There was a Webinar today that was very good ...

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/05/confluence-blueprints-webinar-recording-available-now/

There is not a single right answer for this, imho but this would help sort some ideas on this for you I think. Also the Copy Space plugin for templated spaces (and permission settings).

Ellen

p.s.

remember - spaces are free. ;) especially at the beginning when you are figuring this info arch out. Eventually, the logical layout will fall into place, per the need pushes.

Thank you Ellen.

I have seen the webinar yesterday, could only attent the half of it as the european timing is not so good :-) Around that time it's dinner time, and as I wanted to wait with dinner to see the complete webinar, my kids didn't :-)

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

Hi Theo, as I see the best way would be to create a space per project, that way you can just add all the people who is part of the project avoiding to add people from the development team who is not part of that project in particular.

Hi Ramiro,

Okay, but I also want to create pages for all the dev teams together and pages per team.

I've got information about.... let's say the upcomming holidays. that information is nessesary for all teams.

And then I've got per team information and per product information.

I guess I'll just make a space for all dev teams, a space per development team and a space per project.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2013

In fact, that's the best to manage the spaces for users.

Imaging you have spaces per Department, you should have a space for all Departments too... So, this is the best way to achieve this... All you have to do is manage well the permissions..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events