Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One click link to pre-populated email

Kelly.Leasure August 10, 2022

I am wanting to create a "Click here" button on my Confluence page that will then open an instance for email. That email would have pre-determined email addresses already embedded and ready to go. All the user would need to do is enter the body content and hit send. Is this doable?2022-08-10_14-56-39.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

Hi @Kelly.Leasure  Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Yeah, You can do this by using the mailto: functionality, however you are limited to text only for the body of the email. For example, the link below when clicked on as a hyperlink opens Microsoft Outlook and creates the email like my image below.

Example for Mailto Link :- 

Mailto:abc@xyz.com?Subject=Good Morning Email&body=Good morning, have a great day today%0dThank you.

Mailto.PNG

Outlook Client.PNG

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

@Kelly.Leasure  Thanks 😊

Kindly mark the solution as Accepted.. if solution works for you.As it helps other users looking for the solution.   

0 votes
Kelly.Leasure August 16, 2022

Thank you! I will give that a try!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events