One User One Project

Ankur Sachdeva September 15, 2020

Hi,

We have three projects in our account. We want only one user can access one project. 

For example:

User A can only see Project 1

User B can only see Project 2

User C can only see Project 3

I have gone through this ( https://confluence.atlassian.com/download/attachments/953142266/How%20to%20restrict%20project%20access%20for%20teams%20in%20Jira%20Cloud.mp4 ) video and tried below things

• Creating a Permission Scheme
  • Assign Permission Scheme
  • Creating Group

I am not sure if that is the issue that I get all permission schemes under the Default software scheme and I do not find any way to keep only one project there.

Also looks like the default group user is added to the Default software scheme. If I chose not to add them there then the user gets "You don't have access to any service desks."

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2020

You don't "restrict" people from access to Jira, it is a lot easier to think of it as "allow"

For a very simple case that you describe, I would

• Create a new project role called something like "User access to project"
  • Create a single permission scheme, in which
    • You grant Browse Project to Role: User access to project
    • You do not grant Browse Project to any other role, user, group, whatever
  • Update your three projects so that
    • They all use your new permission scheme
    • User A is in "User access to project" in Project 1
    • User B is in "User access to project" in Project 2
    • User C is in "User access to project" in Project 3

This solves for the very simple case above.  It's not a lot of use, as I know your description is intended to get the basics clear, but it shows the principles - if you want someone to see a project, grant them permission to do it.  If they should not see a project, do not let them in.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events