Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once a page is created with the "builder - Create Child" macro how can I edit the name w/o creating a new page.

JoAnna Hunt July 26, 2011

I am trying to combine the {Create-Child} macro with a series of templates (that use scaffolding) to build a group of pages from a single start point. The actual create action works beautifully but if you need to edit the name of the child page that was created it actually creates a NEW child with the new name, it doesn't edit the existing child page.

I found some information on an old forum (http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?threadID=35715) about how to allow for the PARENT page to be editied but this doesn't seem to work for the child pages.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
cvanhasselto February 7, 2012

I'm doing something similar to this. I don't quite follow what you mean, when you say you need to edit the name of the child page. I haven't tried that in what I am doing. I use the {create-child} macro, nested in another macro that takes parameters. The {create-child} macro is nested in a {run-now} macro. This "silently" creates the scaffolded page without actually visiting the page. Then, I can go in later and update the scaffolded page.

{run-now}
      {create-child:$paramlname, $paramfname|parent=$init|template=TAInformation}
   {run-now}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events