Once a page is created with the "builder - Create Child" macro how can I edit the name w/o creating a new page.

I am trying to combine the {Create-Child} macro with a series of templates (that use scaffolding) to build a group of pages from a single start point. The actual create action works beautifully but if you need to edit the name of the child page that was created it actually creates a NEW child with the new name, it doesn't edit the existing child page.

I found some information on an old forum (http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?threadID=35715) about how to allow for the PARENT page to be editied but this doesn't seem to work for the child pages.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

Thanks!

1 answer

I'm doing something similar to this. I don't quite follow what you mean, when you say you need to edit the name of the child page. I haven't tried that in what I am doing. I use the {create-child} macro, nested in another macro that takes parameters. The {create-child} macro is nested in a {run-now} macro. This "silently" creates the scaffolded page without actually visiting the page. Then, I can go in later and update the scaffolded page.

{run-now}
      {create-child:$paramlname, $paramfname|parent=$init|template=TAInformation}
   {run-now}

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,561 views 26 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you