OnDemand Confluence General Configuration complains about base url when changing the site homepage

When I change the default site page under administration to an exisiting space, then save, I get the following error message:

The following error(s) occurred:

• The <Space Name> space must be accessible to the confluence-users group (or anonymous view permissions must be granted) in order to be set as the Site Homepage.

With the following warning above the Server Base URL:

Warning: The Server Base URL must be set to the same URL by which browsers will be viewing your Confluence site. See Knowledge Base
The Server Base field is now blank.
The field is disabled before and after the save (makes sense for OnDemand) so I can't have messed it up. I did create the confluence-users group but this did not fix it.

1 answer

1 accepted

I had to create a confluence-users group, add it to the Permissions of the project then add the users to that group.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,942 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you