Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline instance with same users

Tom Kurtz June 2, 2022

Hello,

I have a need to run an a separate (and air gapped) instance of confluence due to the sensitivity of the data.

The users on both the online prod instance of confluence and the air gapped instance are the same.

Do I need a separate license even though the users are the same or can I use the same license.

Thank you!

-Tom

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

@Tom Kurtz welcome to the Atlassian Community. Users need to be licensed per instance = domain of Confluence. Even though a single entity main have ownership of two instances, they are viewed, administered and managed as separate entities in all respects, including billing.

Hope this helps.  

Tom Kurtz June 2, 2022

Okay - that's a bummer.  Any idea if they can do custom license levels if that instance only requires 5-10 users?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Unfortunately Server is EOL for Sales. You cannot buy new server licenses at this time. If you can use Cloud, that licensing is pretty low for 5-10 users. However, based on your air-gapped requirement I assume that is not a possibility.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2022

Hi @Tom Kurtz ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you need to have two different production instances, even if they will have the same users, you need to different licenses.

Fabio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events