Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Offline instance with same users

Tom Kurtz I'm New Here Jun 02, 2022

Hello,

I have a need to run an a separate (and air gapped) instance of confluence due to the sensitivity of the data.

The users on both the online prod instance of confluence and the air gapped instance are the same.

Do I need a separate license even though the users are the same or can I use the same license.

Thank you!

-Tom

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone Community Leader Jun 02, 2022

@Tom Kurtz welcome to the Atlassian Community. Users need to be licensed per instance = domain of Confluence. Even though a single entity main have ownership of two instances, they are viewed, administered and managed as separate entities in all respects, including billing.

Hope this helps.  

Tom Kurtz I'm New Here Jun 02, 2022

Okay - that's a bummer.  Any idea if they can do custom license levels if that instance only requires 5-10 users?

Andy Gladstone Community Leader Jun 02, 2022

Unfortunately Server is EOL for Sales. You cannot buy new server licenses at this time. If you can use Cloud, that licensing is pretty low for 5-10 users. However, based on your air-gapped requirement I assume that is not a possibility.

0 votes

Hi @Tom Kurtz ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you need to have two different production instances, even if they will have the same users, you need to different licenses.

Fabio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

81 views 0 0
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you