Odd error with the PopKong theme: Invocation of method 'isPersonal' threw exception NullPointer

Brad Beattie August 4, 2011

I'm investigating an error related to the PopKong theme.

localhost:80/pages/createpage-name.action?templateId=28114950&parentPageString=Page+Title&spaceKey=MYSPACE&fromPageId=62850314&live=true&templateName=Case+note

produces this error:

<<< Error occurred during template rendering: Invocation of method 'isPersonal' in class com.burlesontech.popkong.theme.VelocityThemeHelper threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException at pages/main.vmd[line 97, column 48]. Contact your administrator for assistance. >>>

Said line refers to <<<$!sitemeshPage.getProperty("page.sidebar")>>> and the ThemeHelper.java seems to be choking on <<<return spaceManager.getSpace(spaceKey).isPersonal();>>>

Look familiar to anyone? I know the theme's been End-Of-Lifed, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this error.

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2013

Hi Brad,

I've tried to find the root cause but I wasn't successful. have you tried to remove and install the plugin again? Also, are you running the latest version of that Plugin in Confluence?

Sorry for not being of much help here.

Regards,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events